Research shows that children who consolidate their school learning at home, make better progress at school overall. It is with this rationale that we focus our home learning tasks. By setting home learning we aim to encourage a strong and positive partnership between home and school; to enable parents to support classroom work and to ensure that children make the best possible progress.
To ensure consistency across the school, all teachers follow the timetable outlined below regarding homework:
1) Homework is set weekly for each class from Reception to Year 6
2) Homework is given out at the end of each week on Thursday or Friday
3) Homework is returned to the class teacher every Monday
1) Mathematics homework will be set each week. This may be linked to the times table focus
2) A piece of Literacy homework will be set each week. This will link to class work
3) A piece of topic work will be set each week, linked to the current class topic
4) Reading will be set and recorded each week in home reading journal
5) Additional homework may be set by the class teachers e.g. project work in the holidays
To ensure that parents/carers are informed on the progress and outcomes from homework, all feedback is contained in one book.
If homework is late or not handed in to the teacher, parents/carers will be informed informally in the first instance.