At Surrey Square we believe that the uniform is an important part of the school’s identity. Our uniform is practical for a day at school and comfortable; inclusive for all.
Our uniform empowers children to have choice by choosing their colour of t-shirt and takes account of the financial pressures on families by offering non branded options. It is the responsibility of the children and their parents and carers to ensure that they are wearing the correct uniform. Please ensure ALL clothing is clearly labelled so that lost items can be reunited with their owner easily.
The Surrey Square Primary School uniform is available to purchase at Wearabouts Norwood.
Black sweatshirt with school logo or plain black jumper/cardigan
Year 6 have their own version of the school jumper, with their # on the back
A white polo shirt or branded SSQ coloured t-shirts
Trousers, Shorts & Skirts
Trousers & shorts
Grey or black
These are optional. Checked school dresses can be coloured either purple, blue, yellow, orange, green or pink.
A branded SSQ white t-shirt or a plain white t-shirt. Plain black p.e. shorts, jogging bottoms or leggings. Black trainers.
Hair should be tied up for PE.
- Plain black shoes or trainers should be worn.
- Shoes should be suitable for running around in the playground and should not have a heel.
- Plain black sandals can be worn in the summer. (Crocs/flip flops and sliders are not to be worn).
- Wellington boots can be worn to and from school ONLY.
- Due to health and safety reasons jewellery should not be worn. However it is recognised that some children have pierced ears. These children may wear small studs (less than 4mm wide).
- Watches can be worn by children in Key Stage 2.
- Nail varnish/fake tattoos should not be worn to school.
Second hand uniform
We have a second hand clothing shop that opens fortnightly as part of Col’s Community Corner on a Saturday morning.